About Me

My photo
In 2011 I considered myself a pop culture junkie. I cleaned up and tried to only focus on a few pop culture obsessions at a time. In 2017, I relapsed.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Black Flag - Last Show with Dez Cadena

if you're even remotely into hardcore, you should know who Black Flag is. Damaged is one of the essential hardcore albums that every punk owns (be it a physical or electronic medium).

but before Henry Rollins was handling bike shorts duty, there was a man known as Dez Cadena handling the mic. After his vocal days with the band were done, he moved on to rhythm guitar for a short time (apparently two guitars didn't fly well with band leader Greg Ginn). He played with a few other bands after that (most notably Red Kross) and is currently a member of the Misfits. But that's now, let's go back to then:

pre-Rollins Black Flag had trouble keeping a vocalist. Dez was no exception. Although he wasn't their strongest vocalist, he was able to hold his own and bring his own presence to the stage. Today I present to you a recording of his final show as vocalist for Black Flag, recorded (if you can believe it) 27 years ago on this date (July 4th! Happy Birthday America!). I was told this is a soundboard recording, but I don't know how reliable my sources are. Enjoy it anyway.



(not actual album art)

Tracklist:
01. Damaged II
02. American Waste
03. Clocked In
04. Room 13
05. Rise Above
06. Spray Paint
07. Damaged I
08. Six Pack
09. Jealous Again
10. Police Story
11. No More
12. You Bet We've Got Something Personal Against You!
13. I've Heard it Before
14. Depression
15. Machine
16. I've Had It
17. Nervous Breakdown
18. No Values


http://www.mediafire.com/?njek0nn1i5n

No comments: