About Me

My photo
In 2011 I considered myself a pop culture junkie. I cleaned up and tried to only focus on a few pop culture obsessions at a time. In 2017, I relapsed.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

an update?!?!

I knew I'd be awful at keeping a blog.


Today marks the beginning of winter break for me. I stayed at school for as long as possible and it paid off despite the fact that all my friends left before I did. According to my calendar, I have exactly 4 weeks before I return to New Paltz. I can deal.

NO business...

in early November we recorded another practice, but this time we experimented and put the recording mic right in between all of us and set the sensitivity to 0.0
It worked wonderfully. We finally had recordings with a bass drum. James sent me the recording session and I turned it into a collection of songs for people to listen to. I'd share it right now, but I'm too lazy to find it, so maybe tomorrow.

we also recorded a legit demo. it's still live like the last one, only the vocals are mixed in equally with the rest of the stuff. some songs are still unbalanced, but what can ya do? we've written a number of new songs. I think we have about 17 originals now. we could totally pull off an LP if we tried.

we have patches that we hope to sell, and shirts in the making. It's awesome.

we have a show at some skatepark in Albany on December 30th. I looked it up and found the name of the place, but I forgot it already. It's on our myspace:

www.myspace.com/nonewpaltz

we also have a show on January 31st at the Midway Cafe in MA. I'm looking forward to that.

and there's supposedly some talk about shows in the UMass region.



I'm going through all the albums that came out this year for my annual Top 10 list. I'm probably going to play my favorite songs from them on the radio show next semester.


I suck at blogging.

No comments: