About Me

My photo
In 2011 I considered myself a pop culture junkie. I cleaned up and tried to only focus on a few pop culture obsessions at a time. In 2017, I relapsed.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve. Finished wrapping gifts, now just killing time until tomorrow when I see the family and tell them what it's like to be an Anthropology major, how things with the band are, and quite possibly if I have a girlfriend or not (always a popular subject amongst family).

My brother got Twilight Princess. He's playing it right now. I'm jealous. I know the game has been out for a few years now, but I've never gotten around to it. I think I found a good way to kill some time for this winter break.

Speaking of ways to kill time for winter break, the show in Albany next week is no longer happening. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but from the story I was told, the show was never actually booked by the people who said they were going to book it. Very annoying stuff. But my brother is also getting Guitar Hero: World Tour, so in between that, Zelda and attempting to write more stuff on my acoustic, I should be pretty busy.

I was going through some of the songs I wrote over the summer/last winter break and a few of them have potential to continue to be played. One of them is about Lauren and I'm not sure how I feel about that one anymore. It's a pretty detailed account of my relationship with her, so it's not like I can just pretend it's about anyone. I thought about changing some of the more detailed lyrics into more general stuff, but I feel that would just kill the song. It's probably best I just leave it alone and only bring it out if necessary.

Other songs I've written though... some of them are pretty good. There's one that I'm temporarily calling dotorg, which is about a certain website that I sometimes browse through, only to notice that everyone who posts there is a douche bag. Flyswatter is about both a person who hurt a friend of mine and a fly that was pissing the hell out of me over the summer. EGAD is about scenesters and myspace whores, but I'm not sure if I enjoy that one much. There's my acoustic version of Consume with an extra verse I wrote to compliment James' lyrics, and then Just Like Them, another detailed personal song, but with a 'woah' sing along chorus. I like that one a lot.

I'm trying to do something with the discarded guitar part from the NO song Declined. It wasn't working out for us, but I still really like the part I had written, so I'm trying to write new lyrics to it and just make it my own song. I've got a verse down, but I'd like more.

Once I've finished writing these songs, I just need a drummer and bassist. Maybe a second guitar player too. There's no way I'll be sharing these songs with NO... it just doesn't fit the style. What I'd really like to do is start up a pop punk band and use these songs, but I guess I'll wait for an opportunity to come along (I'm still gonna stick with NO, but a side project would be nice).

enough of my ranting. here's a holiday gift for anyone who happens to read this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fenynnzwin4

It's a collection of NO songs, decently recorded. It's called NO NOVEMBER because (surprise surprise) that's when we recorded it. I don't have the lyric sheets, so just use your imagination. What to expect inside:
01. Silly Billy
02. Kamikaze Vomit Comet
03. Hypocritical Hippies (formerly known as Environmental Song)
04. Leave Me Alone
05. Opposite of You
06. Torah Torah Torah (instrumental)
07. When I Dream
08. Learn to Share
09. Cut Off
10. No Hope in New Jersey
11. Consume
12. Intellectual Property is Theft
13. Diet Pills
14. Fucked Reality (Choking Victim cover)
15. Frat Party
16. Fix Me (Black Flag cover)
17. Opposite of You Too*
18. I'm a Telemarketer**

*a slightly slower version of Opposite of You, I added the "Too" on to the end of the hell of it (other potential names were Opposite of You 2 and Opposite of U2)
**Not actually recorded at the same time as these other songs, this one is fairly new.

No comments: