About Me

My photo
In 2011 I considered myself a pop culture junkie. I cleaned up and tried to only focus on a few pop culture obsessions at a time. In 2017, I relapsed.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where did you get that stupid shit eating grin that you wear?

There was a battle of the bands on the SUNY New Paltz campus today.

and by 'battle of the bands' I mean a pre-determined line up including bands not from the area and bands who were best friends of the promoter. It was more like a concert, as there was never any sort of sign-up for local bands, just a small sentence on a Facebook group saying you should contact the promoter if you wanted to play. Which is what Jimmy, my drummer did, and we still got rejected because the line up was already too full.

whatever the fuck that means. you'd think bands full of students who attend the school would have priority, but whatever.

the good news is that NO! (formerly known as The Mania) will be playing a show in the same spot anyway. For a better cause too. It'll be for the [first] [annual?] Rock the Vote show on October 4th. If you're in the area (New Paltz), fucking check us out!


also, I guess I'm changing up the format to this blog. No more music only stuff. Though next time NO! records something, I'll probably put it up here.

No comments: